Calm, Forward, Straight

Calm, Forward, Straight

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

At the Barn #45 - Murphy's Law + another prize!!!

Guess what I did yesterday...
I made it rain.




Guess how I did it...

No, I didn't wash and wax my truck, or water my garden, or even do a rain dance. I went on an all day hay run. And returned with trailer full of lovely orchard grass.




Just as I got back into town and prepared to unload the trailer - holy cow - no way - the sky opened up and wet stuff fell out!

I'd be willing to bet - if I had tried to take my flatbed instead of the horse trailer, it surely would have rained all day :)


✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿


I love prizes. A lot. Winning prizes makes me giddy :) So, a few weeks ago I entered a contest, and won some excellent Yes To Carrots hair products from Eagle and Jessica at Thoroughly Yours. Great products btw.

And, since I was on a bit of a roll, I entered another contest at Ashley's fun blog A Process of Learning - starring her horses Ella and Poppy. Stop by and check her out :)

For Ashley's contest I had to write about my horse cleaning challenges... the biggest challenge being when Val sleeps on poo pillows. And we won! A bottle of Absorbine's Showsheen 2 in 1 / shampoo + conditioner showed up on my doorstep last week. Thank you so much Ashley! I haven't tried it out yet, but will definitely review when we do.

Now we both have new shampoo ;)

10 comments:

  1. WooHoo!!! Glad to hear it rained finally. Now you know what to do if you need rain again, next time take the flatbed.

    Congratulations on the prizes you won, it all sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the rain and the prizes and the gorgeous hay lol! You need to bring you flatbed of hay down here. We need rain bad. We finally got some today but it was mostly on the other side of town. We didn't get nearly enough at home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your prizes and your rain. So glad the rain didn't touch the hay, but I bet you are grateful for the rain to cool things down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the wins! FYI, you're not the only one who controls the weather you know? I can make it rain too - simple, all I have to do is mop my 1800 sf of tile floors and then it will pour down rain within an hour. Lovely Mastiff size pawprints will soon meander about the house. Guaranteed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job packing the trailer with hay!

    My early dressage instructor had a gray, and he always slept on a poo pillow the night before a show. Lovely! At least you won some Absorbine products for your troubles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds to me like you are a lucky, lucky person :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This time of year my main problem is mares with itchy udders rubbing tails off in an effort to 'reach' the mosquito bites there! I've fantasized about stringing hotwire around the favorite scratch places, but don't have the heart to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you got rain finally. Isn't that always the way though?
    Congratulations on your great prize. What fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK, you need to do the same thing here--we need rain! I've tried even leaving my hay untarped and nope--just can't talk the ole sky into it....

    Congrats on the prize! Always so much fun to win stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is that a brenderup trailer? If so, how do you like it? I am interested in them but I rarely see them. Anyway, congrats on being able to control the weather, haha :)

    How cool on winning another contest! I feel like randomly winning things like that is extremely fun and exciting, even if you win something small or ultimately not that useful.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love my readers, and knowing that you've stopped by - it really makes my day.

However, to avoid the new illegible blogger word verification, I've added comment moderation. Lesser of two evils.

Please don't let this stop you - keep those comments coming!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...