Calm, Forward, Straight

Calm, Forward, Straight

Monday, January 11, 2016

❊Sound and Vision❊

now it's time to leave the capsule if you dare...







"I do not believe it is a wild exaggeration to say that there are on this earth today, many people, who would not be here without David Bowie - either because their parents procreated to his music, or because (and this is perhaps the more important group) he gave them a reason to stay alive when perhaps they did not want to. He was the patron saint of freaks, fags, dykes, queers, weirdos of all stripes - and that most dangerous creature of all - the artist. He was the crown prince(ss) of the unusual. He was marvelously, spectacularly weird, and he gave so many oddballs hope." (cannot find attribution)



7 comments:

  1. Great quote, and comic too. I was devastated by this news. Then I heard an interview on NPR this morning, where they played song clips, and just cried. Some entertainers make an impact, but Bowie was an artist that touched my heart. I'll just imagine him elsewhere... Life on Mars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really hit me hard too. Even though, of any artist ever, he's most likely to have made an impact that will carry far beyond his physical life.

    Another good quote:
    "Between his music, the roles he played, and his general coolness, I always assumed that he was immortal." Grant Imahra

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was devastating news this morning. He did seem immortal. What a talented artist we have lost. I have many of his songs on my iPod. They had some good tributes on a Sirius station I was listening to today. He was one of a kind and made a huge impact on my generation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He was an odd duck, but so interesting and entertaining. I enjoyed his music and seeing him evolve as the years went by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My heart broke when I heard the news. We are so lucky to have his musical legacy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe I didn't know you were blogging again. I just went all the way back to the WW post in April and read forward to now. :)

    Loved seeing all the photos and catching up. I am in complete awe of your garden - it is gorgeous!

    And this, the David Bowie tribute. It's so sad losing him and the others we've lost in the past few weeks. Bringing mortality to the front and center of my thoughts lately.

    Glad you're back and looking forward to reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, they're lilacs. :). They didn't grown well in Southern California but they do well with the cold winters here. I love the smell, too.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love my readers, and knowing that you've stopped by - it really makes my day.

However, to avoid the new illegible blogger word verification, I've added comment moderation. Lesser of two evils.

Please don't let this stop you - keep those comments coming!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...